Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cupcakes and Cocktails... a perfect Mothers DAY or NIGHT

My neighbor has started a group to bring busy women together and fellowship once a month (this was on her dream board and she is making it happen along with applying to that doctoral program, whoop! whoop!). Well, the first event is Cupcakes and Cocktails. The women were asked to bring a cupcake that represents their personality. I am a vegetarian and very deliberate about what I eat so I am going to bring a vegan strawberry cupcake. I am a real girly girl. I absolutely LOVE pink and leopard. I don't wear high heels often since I am on my feet at work and running after my active two-year-old does not make for a perfect fit. Nonetheless, I am very much a big girlie.



The host also asked us to bring our favorite cocktail recipe to share. Instead of the typical casserole or meatloaf recipe share, she decided to spice it up with a cocktail share. I don't drink much, but my husband and I do a great deal of entertaining at our home, so having an arsenal of cocktail recipes would make for great fun for our adult guests. 


Here is my Fave Cocktail 
Tropical Sunrise

Mango
Pineapple
Orange Juice
Splash of grenadine
top with a cherry

Mommies, this would be an awesome way to gather with your neighborhood mothers and unwind. Leave the babies at home with Daddy. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea and my Sissy would definitely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, and may put this idea into affect this summer. I'm thinking of doing a monthly girls night out or starting a book club. This idea is perfect.

    ReplyDelete