Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mothers and Daughters: A Shared Vision

Last Sunday, I hosted Dream Girlies Mother/Daughter Dream Big Brunch. The objective of the day was to get mothers and daughters together to create and discuss their vision for 2011. I realized what an impact it was on my own girlies and wanted to share the experience with other mothers. Well, the day ended up turning into a night full of fun for the girlies (after they finished their dream boards, of course) and then an opportunity for the mothers to discuss and share their own dreams. Some were fun like "run away for a week” and “participate in a photo shoot in a variety of two-pieces”. Everyone wanted to go back to school, some to enter doctoral programs and others to finish their MA programs. Nonetheless, we had fun sharing. What I enjoyed most about the gathering was the spirit of the women. I was in the presence of mothers with daughters who knew that in order to be the best mommies, they needed to identify the items that would enable them to be their BEST selves. I was on a natural high learning so much from them and their experiences. 
My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings ~Erica Jong




We encouraged one another and promised to hold one another accountable for making the dreams a reality, but more importantly, help one another through the process. I believe bringing dreams to fruition requires the collective effort of all we share them with! I had an awesome time sharing my 2011 dreams with these mothers and daughters. 

Sorry I didn't take pictures of my 2011 dream board but here are a few things I plan to focus on this year: 

Can you see me??? My catamaran ride 
  • Photo shoot (whoop! whoop!)                                        
  • Take a dance class like African or beginner's ballet
  • Become a personal fitness trainer
  • Ride a catamaran (the Caribbean)
  • Learn French 
  • Seal a deal with a publisher
  • Become freelance writer (doing it and loving it!)
  • Save for France 2012 vacation with girlies 
  • finish M.Ed and more forward to Ph.D
  • Continue to be the best mommy I can BE!!!


Fitness and Fabulousness 


,









                          

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my Dream Board going. You already know how much you inspire me. I just don't know where you find the time! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete